Any person who wishes to address the SCESD Board of Education may be recognized by the Board President under the "Public Comments" section or during the time an agenda item is being considered.
If your comments are in reference to an item on the agenda, please note the Agenda Item Number on the form. Please USE A SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM you are addressing.
Speaker must submit a Speaker Form PRIOR to the start of the agenda item.
PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES:
During the Public Comments any person may address the School Board on a topic of interest or
concern. Listed below are the procedures:
1. Public Comments will follow the Procedural Items on the agenda.
2. Public Comments will be open up to 20 minutes (3 minutes per speaker). Comments should be
brief, and repetition of public comments already expressed at the same meeting should be
3. Those wishing to address the Board should fill out the Public Comments Speaker Card and
submit the card to the School Board clerk of other district official at the meeting.
4. Questions may be asked on any topic, including those on the agenda.
5. School District policy and data privacy laws preclude the Board from publicly discussing
personnel matters or data, including information, which if discussed in a public meeting could
violate law or policy. Complaints or concerns regarding individual school district employees
should be presented in writing to school administration and signed by the person submitting the
complaint or concern.
6. An attempt will be made to answer questions addressed to the Board.
7. The School Board chairperson will attempt to reasonably honor requests to speak, but shall also exercise discretion with regard to time constraints and therefore may limit the number of requests to speak accordingly.